Monday, May 10, 2010

Katie came in . . .


Katie came in from recess, just a rubbing her nose tip in circles with her palm very vigorously.

"What's the matter, Katie? Do you have hayfever?" I asked.


"No. Just a big booger in my nose that won't come out. And I tried to sneeze, and sneeze, and everything, but it still won't come out," Katie replied. "Like this . . . " And here she demonstrated the ol' farmer's handkerchief trick of blowing one's nose with the thumb and index finger, the hand upside down, with the palm facing forward, and leaning over.


"Well, there is a tissue in the box in the corner if you want to try one," I said.


"Okay." Taking a tissue, she held it up with two hands to her nose and blew. Then held it down and inspected the contents curously.


Her face just lit up with joy! "I guess I just needed more pressure," she exclaimed!

1 comment:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Katie's insights are impressive, whether she means them to be or not. :) Thanks for sharing, CB.