Monday, July 9, 2007

No longer lurking. . .

There are some posting blogs who . . . well, if they can do it, so can I. Besides, it isn't fair to lurk on the sidelines with sundry comments without entering the arena. And some of the blogs written surely require comments. I have grown to love the communication possibilities opened.

I haven't figured this all out yet, but will chip away at it at a pace to assure non-addiction. I will willingly accept all advice, but will heed it at my own discretion, of course.

To begin with: perhaps I may be permitted to provoke some thought? A close friend was preparing his High Priest Group lesson (an assignment we have in common) one recent Saturday, and prayed for guidance to know how to stretch and help the brethren to grow without stretching them too much, and these are the questions which were given him:

True or False ?

  1. Because of my willingness to obey the commandments the Lord loves me more than one who is not willing.
  2. Acceptance of priesthood responsibilities (any calling) gives me the right to have a special relationship with the Savior.
  3. The Lord withdraws his love from me when I do things that offend his spirit.
  4. If God can withdraw his love when my neighbor offends the spirit, so can I.
  5. Divine love is conditional.
  6. The Savior loves me the same no matter what I do or don't do.
  7. The Celestial Kingdom is reserved for those whom the Lord loves the most.
  8. Enoch and his people were taken up because they learned to love on a higher level than we have.
  9. I need to qualify for the Savior's divine love.
  10. If I fail to qualify for His highest love in this life, having been given a divine opportunity, I will never receive another chance.
May your thoughts be provoked.


6 comments:

Wildman said...

I feel honored to be the first person to comment on such a holy and thought provoking blogsite.

Thanks for the insight..

Now, for the questions.

F
F (already have one)
F
T (simply put, God will not withdraw the spirit, thus I cannot based on that arguement)
T (If I exist, I am loved)
T
Such a lonely kingdom that would be
F (I think more consistently without judgement or condition)
T (My existence qualifies me)
??? Can't answer that one unless I exist
Thank you Bob, I am provoked.

CowboyBob said...

8 answers to 10 questions, did two of them fail to show up?

CowboyBob said...

and thanks for considering them, Wildman.

WildBound said...

"It's a shame to make everything black and white when there are so many spectacular colors in the world!" Love ya, Dad! I look forward to future provocations.

Desertbound said...

It's too late at night for me to be provoked. I just got back from YC and I am going to bed. If I am lucky, blessed, loved, gifted, obedient or whatever... maybe I will have a dream, vision, melt down, epiphone, phone call or just plain old hallucination that will show me all the pretty colors and answer all the questions. Love you, Dad. I'm marching with the slaves tomorrow. I will ponder. I'm sure glad you're sharing and provoking as always.

Muad'Dib said...

OK I'll try it.

1. F
2. F
3. F I present part of my analysis here that many of these questions are fusing/mixing/substituting the word "love" in places where other words are generally used. Wildman even read the question to mean that "God withdraws his spirit" when what it actually says is love. They are different. If they weren't, they would be two different words. As written, this question is F.
4. F
5. F
6. T
7. F
8. T. Though a partial truth.
9. F.
10. Moot question if 9 is F.
Thanks for the exercise.